Case filed against SBI Clerk Recruitment 2016
Thousands of candidates appear for SBI clerk exams every year. Like always, SBI clerk 2016 examination saw an uncountable number of aspirants. However, what’s shocking this year is that SBI clerk recruitment 2016 drive might get cancelled. Is it true or just hearsay? Well folks, from what we know, everything isn’t smooth this year.
What’s the matter?
An aspirant of the bank job, S Gurukrishna Gokul in his public interest litigation (PIL) dated 25 May 2016, filed a case against SBI clerk recruitment 2016. In his PIL filed at madras high court, he stated that SBI is now allowing the loan defaulters to fill in the forms for the recruitment of 17,000 junior associate or clerical jobs. What is more de-motivating is the fact that he asked the court to direct the State Bank of India to issue a new notification for all the candidates.
He stated that SBI, in its clerk recruitment 2016 notification, mentioned that the candidates with a defaulter record of not paying loans are not eligible for this post.
He said, “This condition will prevent a large number of economically & socially backward candidates from applying for the posts.” S Gurukrishna Gokul in his case accused SBI of unreasonable & arbitrary ineligibility conditions.”
Current status of the case filed against SBI clerk recruitment 2016
- The case is being fought in the Madras High Court, under the jurisdiction of Justices R Mahadevan & SS Sundae.
- The notices regarding this issue have been sent by the court to the SBI Chairman, along with the ministry that sees the following issues.
- Time duration of 2 week is given to the concerned ministry and SBI regarding their stand on this PIL.
Will the SBI recruitment 2016 be cancelled?
Though it is difficult to say anything right now, but there may be two possibilities-
- If SBI convinces the High Court in its favour & court agrees- The SBI recruitment 2016 will not get cancelled.
- If SBI is unable to convince the High Court in its favour & court orders cancellation of SBI recruitment 2016– SBI will issue new notification for SBI recruitment 2016.
The case is still in court. That is why we cannot comment further. Keep looking our website or check SBI official website for the latest information on this case filed against SBI clerk recruitment 2016.
So stay connected with us www.TopRankers.com to know whether SBI Clerk Recruitment 2016 is cancelled or SBI Clerk Recruitment 2016 is valid.
Share your thoughts/queries here!