Blood Relation Questions with answers 2020 PDF Download
- Blood Relation Questions with answers PDF Download
- Blood Relation Questions With Answers – Hierarchy
- Blood Relation Questions PDF – Important Blood Relations
- Types of Blood Relation Questions Asked
- How to Attempt Blood Relation Questions for SSC Exams?
- Sample Blood Relation Questions and Answers
- Blood Relation Questions FAQ
Blood Relation is one of the most vital topics asked in Government exams and Banking Exams. Yet, it is one of the easiest topics of all topics asked in this section. To make your preparation easy, we have provided Blood Relation Questions with answers PDF download. Candidates preparing for any competitive exams are advised to solve more and more Blood Relationship Questions and Answers to get more marks.
Blood Relation Questions with answers PDF Download
Blood relation exactly doesn’t mean biological relation. There are family-based relations along with biological relations. Blood relations questions revolve around relations like a brother, mother, sister, father, brother, nephew, niece, cousins, grandparents, etc.
- Solving the questions provided in the Study Material for Government Exams would definitely help better prepare for the exam.
- Generally, 4-5 blood relation questions tricks will be asked in the bank exams, so it is very easy to score marks in this section if you are having knowledge of relation.
- Aspirants can enhance their preparation for various banking exams by practising the questions from Banking Quiz.
- in this article, provide you blood relation reasoning questions with answers PDF with tricks to solve blood relation questions.
Blood Relation Questions With Answers – Hierarchy
The hierarchy based on seven generations which are followed in blood relations questions is-
|Three generations above↑↑↑||Great grandfather Maternal great grandfather Great grandfather-in-law||Great grandmother Maternal great grandmother Great grandmother-in-law|
|Two generations above ↑↑||Grandfather Maternal grandfather Grandfather-in-law||Grandmother Maternal grandmother Grandmother-in-law|
|One generations above ↑||Father, Uncle, Maternal uncle, Father-in-law||Mother, Aunt Maternal aunt, Mother-in-law|
|Current generation(Self) →||Husband, Brother Cousin, Brother-in-law||Wife, Sister Cousin, Sister-in-law|
|One generation below ↓||Son Nephew Son-in-law||Daughter Niece Daughter-in-law|
|Two generations below ↓↓||Grandson Grandson-in-law||Granddaughter Grand daughter-in-law|
|Three generations below ↓↓↓||Great-grandson Great grandson-in-law||Great-granddaughter Great granddaughter-in-law|
Blood Relation Questions PDF – Important Blood Relations
Given below are few of the important blood relations and most of the questions asked to revolve around these
|Father of grandfather or grandmother||Great grandfather||Daughter of father or mother||Sister|
|Mother of grandfather or grandmother||Great grandmother||Son of the second wife of the father||Stepbrother|
|Father of father or mother||Grandfather||Daughter of the second wife of the father||Stepsister|
|Mother of father or mother||Grandmother||Son/daughter of uncle/aunt||Cousin|
|Wife of grandfather||Grandmother||Brother of husband or wife||Brother-in-law|
|Husband of grandmother||Grandfather||Sister of husband or wife||Sister-in-law|
|Father-in-law of father/mother||Grandfather||Husband of sister/sister-in-law||Brother-in-law|
|Mother-in-law of father/mother||Grandmother||Son of father||Oneself/Brother|
|Father’s father/mother only||Father||Mother of son/daughter||Oneself/Wife|
|Only daughter-in-law of father’s father/father’s mother||Mother||Father of daughter/son||Oneself/husband|
|Husband of mother||Father||Son of the son of grandmother/grandfather||Brother/Oneself /Cousin|
|Wife of father||Mother||Daughter of the son of grandmother/grandfather||Cousin/Oneself /Sister|
|Second wife of the father||Stepmother||Son of brother or sister||Nephew|
|Brother of father||Uncle||Daughter of brother/sister||Niece|
|Brother of mother||Maternal Uncle||Grandson of father/mother||Son/Nephew|
|Sister of father||Aunt||Granddaughter of father/mother||Daughter or Niece|
|Sister of mother||Maternal Aunt||Husband of daughter||Son-in-law|
|Husband of aunt||Uncle||Wife of brother/brother-in-law||Sister-in-law|
|Wife of uncle||Aunt||Wife of son||Daughter-in-law|
|Son of grandfather/grandmother||Father/Uncle||Son of Son/Daughter||Grandson|
|Daughter of father-in-law/mother-in-law of father||Mother/Aunt||Daughter of son/Daughter||Granddaughter|
|Father of wife/husband||Father-in-law||Son’s/Daughter’s grandson||Great Grandson|
|Mother of wife/husband||Mother-in-law||Son’s/Daughter’s granddaughter||Great-granddaughter|
|Children of the same parents||Siblings||Father’s/Mother’s only son/daughter||Oneself|
|Son of father or mother||Brother|
Types of Blood Relation Questions Asked
The different types of blood relation questions for Banking exams are as follows-
- Based on Dialogue or Conversation
- Based on Puzzles
- Based on Symbolically Coded
Master your logical reasoning skills by practising IBPS PO Reasoning Questions regularly.
How to Attempt Blood Relation Questions for SSC Exams?
Here are few tips and tricks to solve the Blood Relation Questions asked in SSC Exams. Also, check how to answer Blood Relation Question explained with an example below.
- In these types of questions, draw family trees in line with details given in the question to come to the answer quickly.
- Read the question carefully once, twice, or more than that if required. You may not understand the question at one go but you will understand when you read it more than once.
- Try to read the question slowly. When you read the question slowly, you get the meaning better instead of reading the question faster.
Blood Relation Questions Explained with an Example
Question-Based on Dialogue or Conversation Q1. Pointing to a photograph of a boy Mr.Ram said, “He is the son of the only son of my mother.” How is Mr Ram related to that boy? A. Brother; B. Uncle; C. Cousin; D. Father Ans: Now, let’s check out the step by step procedure to answer this question easily.
- Firstly, there are two main persons in this given situation: Ram and the Boy. We need to find the relation between these two people.
- The next expression says that Mr Ram has a mother.
- Mr Ram is the only son of his mother and Ram has a son and that photograph belongs to Mr Ram’s son.
- So, the boy in the photograph is the only son of the son of Ram’s mother i.e., the son of Ram.
- Hence, Ram is the father of the boy. The correct option is D.Father
Question-Based on Puzzle Akhil is a son of Aman’s father’s sister. Sahil is the son of Divya who is the mother of Gaurav and grandmother of Aman. Ashok is the father of Tanya and grandfather of Akhil. Divya is the wife of Ashok. Q1. How is Akhil related to Divya? A. Nephew; B. Son; C. Grandson; D. Data inadequate Ans: Understand the given puzzle carefully and answer the questions
- There is no requirement for drawing a family tree to solve this question. Since Divya is the grandmother of Aman and Aman and Akhil are cousins (from the first statement).
- Akhil should be a grandson to Divya. The right option is C. Grandson
Q2. How is Gaurav’s wife related to Tanya? A. Niece; B. Sister; C. Sister-in-law; D. Mother Ans: Read the given puzzle carefully and answer the questions
- Since Divya is the wife of Ashok and Ashok is the father of Tanya.
- We already know the Divya is also the mother of Gaurav and Sahil, Gaurav and Tanya should be siblings.
- Hence Gaurav’s wife will be Sister in law to Tanya. The correct option is C. Sister-in-Law
Coded Relation Questions Q1. Read the following instructions:
- A + B indicates A is the brother of B;
- A – B indicates A is the sister of B and
- A x B indicates A is the father of B
Which of the following means that C is the son of M? A. M – N x C + F; B. F – C + N x M; C. N + M – F x C; D. M x N – C + F Ans: Read each option and its explanation carefully
- Option A: According to this option NxC indicates N is the father of c. Hence it is wrong.
- Option B: According to this option C is the brother of N who is the father of M. Hence it is wrong.
- Option C: According to this option Fx C indicates F is the father of C. Hence it is wrong.
- Option D: According to this option M is the father of N who is the sister of C hence C and N are siblings and C is the brother of F so, C is male, Hence C is the son of M. So, the correct answer is D. M x N – C + F
Stay tuned for more updates on Blood Relation Aptitude Questions with answers PDF FREE download and practice IBPS PO test series. If you have any query then write us in the comment section below. we will get back to you. All the best!
Sample Blood Relation Questions and Answers
- A family consists of six members P, Q, R, S, T and U. There are two married couples. Q is a doctor and the father of T. U is the grandfather of R and is a contractor. S is the grandmother of T and is a housewife. There is one doctor, one contractor, one nurse, one housewife and two students in the family. Which of the following is definitely a group of male members? (A) QUP; (B) UT; (C) QU; (D) QUT
- Ram is brother of Rahul. Sapana is sister of Shyam. Rahul is son of Sapana. How is Ram related to Sapana? (A) Father; (B) Son; (C) Grandfather; (D) Grand Son
- A is the son of B, C. B’s sister has a son D and a daughter E. F is the maternal uncle of D. How many nephews does F have? (A) 1; (B) 2; (C) 3; (D) 0
- Q is the brother of R; P is the sister of Q; T is the brother of S; S is the daughter of R. Who are the cousins of Q? (A) Q and T; (B) S and T; (C) R and P; (D) P and T
- All the six members of a family A, B, C, D, E and F are travelling together. B is the son of C but C is not the mother of B. A and C are a married couple. E is the brother of C. D is the daughter of A. F is the brother of B. Who is the mother of B?(A) A; (B) B; (C) C; (D) D
- A and B are a married couple, A being the male member. D is the only son of C, who is the brother of A. E is the sister of D. B is the daughter-in-law of F, whose husband has died. How many male members are there in the family? (A) 2; (B) 4; (C) 1; (D) 3
- A introduces B saying, “He is the husband of the granddaughter of the father of my father “. How is A related to B? (A) Grand Father; (B) Brother-in-law; (C) Grand Son; (D) Son
- A man said to a lady, “Your mother’s husband’s sister is my aunt!! How is the lady related to the man (A) Grand Son; (B) Mother; (C) Daughter; (D) Sister
- A, B, C, D, E, F and G are members of a family consisting of four adults and three children, two of whom, F and G are girls. A and D are brothers and A is a doctor. E is an engineer married to one of the brothers and has two children. if is married to D and G is their child. Who is C? (A) F’s father; (B) E’s daughter; (C) A’s son; (D) G’s brother
- Pointing to a girl in the photograph, Raju said, “Her mother’s brother is the only son of my mother’s father.” How is the girl’s mother related to Raju?; (A) Daughter; (B) Mother; (C) Grandmother; (D) Aunt
- A is the father of B. B is the only son of C. C is the daughter of D. C is the mother of E. E is the sister of F. How is C related to B? Father; Mother; Daughter; Son
- How is F related to A? Daughter; Father; Mother; Son
- If D is married to P, then how is D related to E? Daughter-in-Law; Son-in-Law; Father; Mother
- There are 8 members in a family namely A, B, C, D, K, L, M, N in which there are 2 married couples. Among the 8 members there are 2 lawyers and 2 artists. D is the daughter in law of M. L is the brother of any of the two artists. N, who is the artist, is the sister of A. No female is a lawyer. D is an artist. C is the husband of M. K is the only son of M. B is the lawyer and is the brother of C. A is the lawyer and is the son of K. Which pair represents the lawyers? B,N; A,B; M,A; M,D; C,N
- If L is the brother of N, how many children does K have? 3; 4; 2; 1
- Whose profession cannot be determined? B; K; A; L
- How many female members are there in the family? 2; 3; 4; 5
- There are seven members in a family. J is the mother of K and mother in law of E. C is the daughter in law of N. E is the son of C who is married with F. G is spouse of E. There are only two married couple in the family. How is F related with G? Sister in law; Wife; Mother-in-Law; Father-in-Law
- How is K related with E? Aunt; Sister; Brother; Cannot be Determined
- How is G related with J? Daughter; Son-in-Law; Daughter-in-Law; Wife; Husband
Blood Relation Questions FAQ
Q. How to solve Blood Relation Reasoning Questions easily in the exam?
Answer- It is rightly said that practice makes a man perfect. In order to solve the Blood Relation Questions easily in your upcoming exams also you have to practice questions as much as possible from the beginning of your preparation. Try to solve the previous year’s Blood Relations Question first and try to attempt Blood Relation Mock Test questions that are available in the market. Following this will help you increase your accuracy and scores in the Blood Relation Questions.
Q. Are Blood Relation Questions easy to attempt?
Answer- Yes Blood Relation Aptitude Questions are very scoring and easy to attempt. The candidates just need to practice more and more questions before the exam, analyze their mistakes, and work on them and they are good to go and perform with accuracy in solving the questions.
Q. Are there any tricks to solve the Blood Relation Questions? Answer- You can draw generation charts and represent males in the given question as Squares and females in the question as circles. Drawing charts will make it easier for you to understand the relationships. You can even compare and relate to your own relations as it will make it easier for you to understand the relations.
Q. How can I prepare the Blood Relation Questions?
Answer- You can prepare the Blood Relation Reasoning Questions from Sectional Mock Tests available both online and offline in the market and solving previous year questions of at least 10 years. Practice and consistency will help you score in these questions better.
Q. To which section of the Syllabus do the Blood Relation Questions belong to?
Answer- The Blood Relation Aptitude Questions belong to the Reasoning Section of the syllabus.
Q. How important are Blood Relation Reasoning Questions in the competitive exams nowadays?
Answer- Blood Relation Question and answers are important in all kinds of competitive exams like Banking exams- IBPS PO, SBI PO, etc, Railway Exams, PCS Exams, Entrance Exams, and more. Though the average number of questions that come in the exams is average 2-5. But these are scoring and easy to solve.
Share your thoughts/queries here!