BIS Recruitment 2018 | Scientists B Exam stands Cancelled
- BIS Scientists B Exam 2018 Cancelled – Check Official Notice
- BIS Recruitment 2018 for Scientists-B, Young Professionals, and other posts
- Important Dates for BIS Recruitment 2018
- Vacancies for BIS Recruitment 2018
- Eligibility Criteria for BIS Recruitment 2018
- How to Apply Online for BIS Recruitment 2018
- Application Fee
- Selection Process for BIS Recruitment 2018
- Exam Pattern
- Pay Scale
BIS Recruitment 2018 for Scientists-B and other posts. Recruitment Stands Cancelled.
BIS Scientists B Exam 2018 Cancelled – Check Official Notice
BIS Exam 2018 for Scientist B cancelled. Bureau of Indian Standards has released 109 vacancies for the post of Scientist B in different disciplines. The BIS Scientist B exam was schedule to take place on 15th April 2018. But as per the latest update from BIS Exam board, the BIS Scientist B exam got cancelled. You can also read the official notice below. Moreover, you can visit the official BIS Site for latest update.
Official Notice: Scientist B Exam Cancellation
Download the official notice of exam cancellation here:
Read more to know the details of BIS Recruitment 2018.
BIS Recruitment 2018 for Scientists-B, Young Professionals, and other posts
Bureau of Indian Standards had started inviting online applications from talented and skilled individuals for the post of Scientist B. A total number of 109 vacancies will be filled via this BIS Recruitment 2018 for Scientists-B. If you are interested, you can start filling the online application form from 16th March 2018. The last date to apply is 2nd April 2018. The exam will be held on 15th April 2018. Selected candidates will get a very handsome salary.
Latest Update – Recently, BIS released three separate advertisements for the recruitment of Young Professionals (YP), Trainees, and Interns. The online applications started from 26th March. And the last date to apply is 25th April 2018. For further details, scroll down.
Important Dates for BIS Recruitment 2018
- Online application starts – 16th March 2018
- Last date to apply – 2nd April 2018
- Exam date – 15th April 2018
Young Professionals, Trainees, and Interns
- Online application starts – 26th March 2018
- Last date to apply – 25th April 2018
- Exam date – To be updated
Vacancies for BIS Recruitment 2018
There are 109 vacancies in total. The department-wise vacancy is listed below.
- Chemical Engineering – 12
- Civil Engineering – 8
- Electrical Engineering – 10
- Electronics Engineering – 17
- Food Technology – 5
- Mechanical Engineering – 31
- Metallurgical Engineering – 10
- Microbiology – 13
- Textile Engineering & Fibre Science – 3
A total number of 46 vacancies will be filled.
- Civil – 2
- Water Resources – 1
- Mechanical – 3
- Metallurgy – 2
- Textile – 3
- Electrical – 2t
- Electronics – 3
- System Administration – 1
- Programming – 1
- Chemistry – 4
- Agriculture – 1
- Food Technology – 2
- Microbiology – 2
- Business Administration – 7
- Human Resources – 2
- Finance – 2
- Public Relations – 2
- Economics – 2
- General – 4
- Civil – 2
- Electronics & Telecommunication/Computer Science & IT – 1
- Electrical – 1
- Public Relations – 1
- General – 1
103 vacancies will be filled in total.
- Graduate Engineer Trainee – 43
- Science Diploma Trainees – 22
- Diploma Trainees – 38
Eligibility Criteria for BIS Recruitment 2018
To be eligible for the post of Scientist B, you must be between 21 to 30 years of age as on 1st March 2018.
For Young Professional and Trainee posts, you must be below 35 years of age as on 1st January 2018.
You must have a B.Tech or B.E. degree in the relevant discipline with minimum 60% marks, for all disciplines but Microbiology. For Microbiology course, you must have a Master’s degree in microbiology with minimum 60% marks.
You must have a Master’s degree in relevant subject or a technical qualification like B. Tech/MBA/CA in relevant stream.
You must have a B.Tech degree in relevant field/Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline/Diploma in Engg. or Tech. in the relevant stream.
You must be studying either in Gr
aduate, Post-Graduate or Research level from a recognized University.
How to Apply Online for BIS Recruitment 2018
- First of all, visit the official website.
- Under What’s New section, click on Recruitment for Scientists B link.
- Then, find the link to apply online.
- Alternatively, click on the direct link given above to do the same.
- Fill in the details correctly.
- And make the fee payment.
- Finally, submit the application.
You have to pay Rs.750 towards application fee. For SC/ST/female category, no fee payment is required.
Selection Process for BIS Recruitment 2018
There are two phases of the exam – online written test and interview.
0.25 marks will be deducted for each wrong attempt.
|Section||No. of Qs||Marks||Time|
|Reasoning Ability||50||50||2 hours|
Rs.79,929/- per month
Rs.50,000/- per month
Rs.30,000 – 35,000/- per month
Rs.5000/- per month
Scroll down to read the complete Scientist B official notice.
So, tell us, did you find our post on BIS Recruitment 2018 for Scientists-B, Young Professionals and other posts helpful? Also, keep visiting us regularly for more recruitment updates and job notifications.
Share your thoughts/queries here!