Best Books for SSC CGL Tier 2 Preparation Topper’s Recommendation
- Best Books for SSC CGL Tier 2 Preparation
- Topper’s Recommendation Books for SSC CGL Tier 2 Preparation
- Best Books for SSC CGL Tier 2 Previous Year Papers
- SSC CGL Tier-2 Exam Pattern 2020
- Best Books for SSC CGL Tier 2 FAQ’s
Gear up your preparations for the second stage of the SSC CGL Exam with the best books. Get recommendations from toppers for Best Books for SSC CGL Tier 2 Preparation for Quantitative Aptitude, English Language & comprehension, Statistics, General Studies ( Finance & Economics). The SSC CGL Tier-2 Exam is considered to be challenging but choosing the rights books can make all the difference.
- The Staff Selection Commission announced that the SSC CGL Tier 2 Exam Date will be from November 2nd to 5th 2020. Hence, candidates need to gear up their preparation by choosing the best books.
- About 1 Lakh candidates are expected to appear for the SSC CGL Tier 2 test. Knowing the Best Books for SSC CGL Tier 2 Preparation can be the deciding factor to get clear the exam.
- This article will provide study material handpicked by the experts to prepare for the Combined Graduate Level Tier 2 exam. For an enhanced preparation refer to the SSC CGL Study Materials & Notes PDF prepared by experts for understanding any concept in a better way.
Best Books for SSC CGL Tier 2 Preparation
Candidates who have qualified tier 1 exam above the SSC CGL Cut Off must begin their preparations well in advance. The SSC Combined Graduate Level Tier 2 is an Objective paper which is conducted online. The exam is divided into 4 sections: Quantitative Ability, English Language and Comprehension, Statistics & General Studies (Finance and Economics).
In order to crack these sections with more marks, it is required for candidates to have all the latest recommended SSC CGL Books by toppers for enhancing their preparation. Follow expert suggested SSC CGL Tier 2 Preparation Tips know subject-wise preparation strategies.
- Also, choose the right SSC CGL Tier 2 Books in such a way that it includes all the important topics as per the latest syllabus.
- In this post, we have provided some of the best books for the preparation of the Tier 2 exam and the preparation tips provided by experts.
- Candidates must be aware of the SSC CGL Tier-2 Syllabus and plan their preparation accordingly to get qualify in the exam.
Topper’s Recommendation Books for SSC CGL Tier 2 Preparation
Given below is the Name of the books & their respective authors. Candidates who are preparing for the Tier 2 exam can note the section-wise study material provided here.
- Candidates can also go through the SSC CGL Books for All Tiers to better succeed in the exam.
Books for English Language Section
List of best books for SSC CGL tier 2 English are as follows-
|Name of the book||Focus Area||Author|
|English For Competitions Vol-I 2019||Grammar||Neetu Singh|
|A mirror of common errors||Grammar||Ashok Kumar Singh|
|Black Book of English Vocabulary||Vocabulary||Nikhil Gupta|
|SSC English Revised & Updated Previous Papers (2013 – 2017)||Comprehension||Ajay Singh|
|Kiran’s SSC English Language Chapterwise Solved Papers||Comprehension||Kiran Prakashan|
Books for Numerical/Quantitative Section
Candidates appearing for the exam can go through the Best Books for SSC CGL Tier-2 Study Materials & Notes that will help in topic-wise preparation. List of best books for SSC CGL tier 2 Quantitative Aptitude are as follows-
|Name of the book||Focus Area||Author|
|SSC Mathematics 1999-September 2018 Typewise Questions 7300+ Objective Questions||Basic Mathematics||Rakesh Yadav|
|Rakesh Yadav Sir’s ARITHMETIC for SSC||Arithmetic||Rakesh Yadav|
|How to Prepare for Quantitative Aptitude for CAT||Arithmetic||Arun Sharma|
Topic-wise Best Books for SSC CGL Tier 2 preparation
Here, we have provided topic-wise books for SSC CGL Tier-2 exam to help candidates enhance their preparation levels.
Here is the list of SSC CGL Quant Books for preparation. Ensure to choose these expert-recommended books for boosting your preparation.
- Magical Books On Quicker Maths by M Tyra
- Arihant Fast Track Arithmetics
- Advance Maths by Rakesh Yadav
- Advance Maths by Rishikesh Kumar (Lucent Publication)
Higher Level Questions Quantum Cat by Sarvesh Verma Previous Year Practice Papers
- Kiran 8900+ Maths book (Preferred)
- SSC Maths by Rakesh Yadav 7300+
Check out the below list of SSC CGL English Books below which have explained all the concepts as per the latest syllabus and pattern.
Basic English Guide – All Sections
- Objective General English By R S Agarwal
- Objective General English By S P Bakshi (Arihant Publications)
- Plinth to Paramount by K D Campus (Neetu Singh)
- A Mirror of common errors (A K Singh)
- English by Wren and Martin
Comprehension RC + PQRS + CLOZE TEST Vocabulary
- Word Power Made Easy
- Kiran One word Substitutions-2800+
- Arihant Idioms & Pharases
- Dictionary of synonyms and antonyms (B B Sinha)
Best Books for SSC CGL Tier 2 Previous Year Papers
As per the experts, solving previous year sample papers will help candidates to improve their time-management skills, speed and accuracy. Candidates are advised to practice SSC CGL Previous Year Question Papers to know the difficulty level of the paper and which type of questions can be asked in the exam.
|SSC CGL Sections||Books to be followed (SSC CGL Previous year question papers and SSC CGL practise sets)|
|Quantitative Aptitude||SSC Mathematics Chapterwise Solved Papers 1999 – Till Date by Kiran Prakashan|
|English Section||SSC English Language Chapterwise Solved Papers 1997-Till Date by Kiran Prakashan|
|General Awareness||SSC General Awareness Chapterwise Solved Papers 1997 – Till Date by Kiran Prakashan|
|General Intelligence & Reasoning||SSC Reasoning Chapterwise Solved Papers 1999 – Till Date by Kiran Prakashan|
SSC CGL Tier-2 Exam Pattern 2020
Before starting with preparation, it is important for candidates to be aware of the SSC CGL Tier-2 Exam Pattern and that will help them better understand the exam. Let us have a look at the table below to know the pattern of the SSC CGL Tier-2 2020 Exam.
|Sections||No. of Questions||Total Marks||Time Allotted|
|Quantitative Ability||100||200||2 hours|
|English Language and Comprehension||200||200|
|General Studies (Finance and Economics)||100||200|
Best Books for SSC CGL Tier 2 FAQ’s
Q) How can I better prepare for SSC CGL Tier 2 Exam 2020?
Following the expert tips will definitely help you to prepare better for the SSC CGL Tier 2 Exam 2020. Begin your preparation by studying from the right books which cover all the concepts and topics according to the latest exam pattern and syllabus. One of the best methods to score more marks in the exam is to practice as many previous year question papers as possible. Take up mock tests regularly to test your preparation levels.
Q) What are the best books for the preparation of the SSC CGL Tier 2 exam of the Maths section?
Candidates can refer to the following books during the preparation of the Maths section for the Tier exam of SSC CGL 2020.
- Rakesh Yadav Sir’s ARITHMETIC for SSC by Rakesh Yadav
- How to Prepare for Quantitative Aptitude for CAT by Arun Sharma
Q) What are the important topics that need to be prepared under the statistics section of the SSC CGL Tier 2 exam?
The important topics that need to be prepared under the statistics section of the SSC CGL Tier 2 exam include collection, classification, and presentation of statistical data, measures of central tendency, correlation, and regression, probability theory, sampling theory, etc.
Q) How to prepare for the Tier 2 General studies section?
Candidates are advised to take help from the 10th,11th, and 12th class books to prepare the basics for these subjects and read newspapers related to economics and business. Practice previous year papers and mocks on a regular basis. Also, read facts from the government gazettes on economics.
Q) What are the best books for preparing the English section of the CGL Tier 2 exam?
- A mirror of common errors by Ashok Kumar Singh
- The black book of English Vocabulary by Nikhil Gupta
- English For Competitions Vol-I 2019 by Neetu Singh
Share your thoughts/queries here!