CLAT Books – Best Books For CLAT Preparation 2020-21
- CLAT Books – Best books for CLAT Preparation 2020-21
- CLAT 2020 Books Recommended by Experts
- Best books for CLAT 2020 in details
- Best Current Affairs Book for CLAT 2020
- Best Books for CLAT 2020 Last Month Preparation
- CLAT Subjects
- CLAT Preparation 2020 Tips
- CLAT Best Books FAQs
Studying from the right kind of study materials and books is very crucial for clearing highly competitive National Level exams like CLAT. As the CLAT Exam is approaching, it is important that you should begin your preparation as soon as possible and go through the Best CLAT Books 2020 given below to boost your preparation level and increase your chances of selection in the exam.
Latest: As per the CLAT Latest News, the exam is postponed. The Consortium of National Law Universities has released the detailed Medical Precautions to be followed by all candidates on the day of the exam.
- Before starting with preparation, candidates must be aware of the complete CLAT Syllabus 2020 to know all the important topics
- Candidates should go through the CLAT Exam Pattern 2020 to understand the exam in a better way
- As per the experts, solving CLAT Previous Year Question Papers will help candidates to know the difficulty level of the paper, type of questions asked in the exam, and also help in building self-confidence.
CLAT Books – Best books for CLAT Preparation 2020-21
If you are wondering which is the best book for CLAT Preparation and how to choose among the books, read through the complete article to get all the important CLAT 2020 Books PDF names. Check out the Best books for CLAT 2020 preparation for all the sections-English, Reasoning, Quantitative Aptitude, and General Awareness from below.
|Sections||Best Book for LLB Entrance Exam||Author|
|English||Objective General English by N. Khurmi and George|
|Quantitative Aptitude||Legal Aptitude for CLAT and other Kaw Exams:Workbook by A. P Bhardwaj|
|Reasoning||Logical Reasoning by Jain Prateek|
|General Awareness||Legal General Knowledge by R. K Gupta|
|Previous Year Papers||Previous Year Papers by A.P. Bhardwaj|
CLAT 2020 Books Recommended by Experts
Candidates can improve their vocabulary and grammar skills with the help of Word Power Made Easy PDF. Here are a few CLAT Books recommended by experts. Go through the most recommended Law Entrance Exam Books from the examination point of view and better prepare for the exam.
- Word Power Made Easy
- Lexis Nexis
- Analytical Reasoning
- Verbal Reasoning
- Analytical and Logical Reasoning
- Objective Arithmetic
- GK Today
- Manorama Year Book
- India Year Book
- Universal’s LLB Entrance Guide
Best books for CLAT 2020 in details
Hard work, consistency, and preparing from the right kind of Law Entrance books and study materials can only help you clear the CLAT Exam. The section-wise CLAT Preparation Books along with the link for each of the sections are given below-
CLAT Books for English
These books will cover the entire syllabus of CLAT 2020 including reading comprehension, correct/ incorrect sentences, active & passive voice, verbs, etc. The CLAT books also consist of solved & unsolved questions.
- A comprehensive study for CLAT & LLB Entrance Examinations- SET, AILET, LSAT by Padma Parupudi and Sirisha Naresh
- Objective General English 2020 by RS Aggarwal
- Pearson Guide to CLAT 2020 by Pearson
- Word Power Made Easy by Norman
- Objective General English 2020 by AP Bharadwaj
- Six Weeks by Wilfred Funk
- High School English Grammar and composition by Wren & Martin
CLAT 2020 Books For General Knowledge
This best book for LLB Entrance Exam will contain general awareness, current affairs, and also cover the latest topics and current affairs. The book will be based on current pattern and unsolved questions which have come in the last few years exams.
- Legal General Knowledge (CLAT) by R. K Gupta
- India Year Book by GOI
- Manorama Year Book
- General Knowledge 2020 by Arihant
CLAT Books For Mathematics
This Law Entrance book for Maths will have an explanation of the numerical ability type of questions (Class 10th standard). It will also explain the shortcut methods of question-solving so that the candidates are able to solve the questions by shortcut methods. The CLAT book will also consist of objective type questions for practice.
- Legal Aptitude (CLAT) by R. K Gupta and Samiksha Gupta
- 30 Days wonder for Maths by S.Chand
- Fast Track Objective Arithmetic by Arihant Publication
- Quantitative Aptitude by Pearson
- Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations (English) by RS Aggarwal
CLAT Books For Reasoning
This book will contain logical aptitude questions such as syllogism, logical sequences, analogies, etc. The book will also consist of MCQs and solved questions to practice.
- Universal’s Logical Reasoning for CLAT, LSAT, and other Law Entrance Exams by Jain Prateek
- Verbal Reasoning by RS Aggarwal
- 501 challenging Logical Reasoning Practice Book
- Analytical Reasoning (English) by M K Pandey
- A Modern Approach to Logical Reasoning by RS Aggarwal
- Quantitative Aptitude ebook (ALL Parts Solved) by R S Agarwal
Apart from preparing from recommended books, students can also go through Business magazines and previous year CLAT question papers & model papers. Through Magazines candidates will remain updated with the latest news and through the question papers they will have an idea about what type of questions may come in the exam and they will also know the exam pattern.
Best Current Affairs Book for CLAT 2020
Some of the best Current Affairs Book for CLAT 2020 are as follows-
- Business Today by India Today Group
- Business Line by The Hindu Group
- India today
- Competition Success
- Current Affairs Yearly by Arihant Publications
Moreover, you should stay updated with the Daily current affairs to clear such national level competitive exams and follow the detailed syllabus as these will help you fulfilling your dream of clearing exams like CLAT and flourish your Law career.
Best Books for CLAT 2020 Last Month Preparation
To prepare all the topics from all the subjects, candidates can go through the CLAT books that are mentioned in the table below.
|Grand Master Box 2020||Karan Mehta and Harsh Gagrani|
|Study Package for CLAT & LLB Entrance Examinations (English)||AP Bhardwaj|
|CLAT Solved and Practice Papers (English)||AP Bhardwaj|
|Chapter-wise Objective Question Bank (With Solution) Law (English)||Arihant Expert|
|CLAT & AILET Chapterwise Solved Papers|
|Universal’s CLAT Solved Papers|
|LST CLAT Books and Material (Set of 20 Books)|
There are a total of five subjects included in CLAT Syllabus and those are as follows:
- English Language
- Current Affairs, including General Knowledge
- Legal Reasoning
- Logical Reasoning
- Quantitative Techniques
Go through the table below to know all the important topics from each subject.
|English||Word Meanings||Idioms & Phrases||One-Word Substitution|
|Fill in the Blanks||Incorrect/Correct Sentences||Synonyms|
|Current Affairs||History||Geography||National & International Events|
|Legal Reasoning||Problem-solving ability||Questions based on hypothetical situations||Legal Fundamentals & Terms|
|Logical Reasoning||Statements & Assumptions||Number Test||Blood Relationships|
|Coding & Decoding||Ranking||–|
|Quantitative||Permutation & Combination||Time & Work||Graphs & Charts|
|Number System||Ratio & proportion||Probability|
CLAT Preparation 2020 Tips
It is important for candidates to be aware of the CLAT Exam Pattern 2020. Concentration and preparing the topics well on the basis of the syllabus would be helpful for the student to save a lot of time and being attentive to the important sections. Here, we have provided subject-wise preparation tips to help students score the highest marks in the exam. Following CLAT Preparation Tips will help candidates to better prepare for the exam.
CLAT Maths Preparation Tips
Here are a few strategies to help you prepare for the quantitative technique section of the CLAT 2020. CLAT Maths Preparation Tips may help you in your preparation and include suggestions and ideas to help you review and practice for the Exam.
- Practise is key in preparing for the Quantitative Technique section.
- Apart from 10th standard maths textbooks, you should also prepare from other materials.
- Previous year’s question papers are also a great source of materials for the preparation of the exam.
- While attempting the Questions don’t worry about the time.
- Solve the Questions accurately.
- If you have practiced the more questions and deriving the answers accurately will help to improve your speed also.
CLAT English Preparation Tips
In the English section of the CLAT 2020 Exam, there will be passages of about 450 words. These passages will be taken from historically or contemporarily important non-fiction and fiction works.
- Assess the main points that are given in the passage along with relevant viewpoints and arguments that are present in the passage;
- Deduce conclusions and inferences from the passage;
- Sum up the passage;
- Comparison of the various arguments that might be inferred from the passage;
- Recognize the meaning of several phrases and words that are infused in the passage.
- Also, go through the CLAT English Preparation tips to boost your confidence and preparation levels.
CLAT General Awareness Preparation Tips
Following the CLAT General Awareness Preparation Tips provided by experts will help you score more marks in this section. Have a look at the below-mentioned points:
- Students with a long-term habit of reading newspapers will go a long way in this section. There is a higher chance that they may know about the current happenings in the nation and around the world.
- Candidates must refer to the authentic resources for preparations. A daily habit of reading newspapers, and keeping a tab on historical events and landmark judgments will be helpful to know about.
- CLAT aspirants must look for sample papers and previous years question papers for better preparation.
- Attempting mock tests is another way of testing the performance for the final exam. Candidates can analyze their strong and weak points by solving question papers.
CLAT Legal Aptitude Preparation Tips
The CLAT Legal Aptitude Preparation Tips by toppers will help students to have clarity on how to strategically approach this section.
- The questions will be based on a passage working around legal matters, public policies, and moral philosophies.
- Candidates must approach the Legal Aptitude section a little differently than the previous year. The passages this year will have to be comprehended in order to look for facts and applicable rules.
- However, attempting previous year question papers will help in developing familiarity with the questions and the way to answer them.
CLAT Logical Reasoning Preparation Tips
Logical reasoning is the most scoreable section of CLAT 2020 and a major part of it depends on your approach. Go through the CLAT Logical Reasoning Preparation Tips given below:
- Clear your concepts and understand the foundation of the topics that are included in the syllabus.
- Refer to good books that are well-approved.
- You must learn to manage time. You can do this by timing yourself when you solve practice question papers.
- Practice thoroughly on a regular basis and solve as many mock test papers and previous year papers as possible.
CLAT Best Books FAQs
Q. Which are the best books for CLAT 2020 Preparation?
The best CLAT Books for Preparation of all the sections are as follows- Legal Aptitude for CLAT and other Law Exams: Workbook by A. P Bhardwaj, Reasoning by Jain Prateek, Legal General Knowledge by R. K Gupta, Pearson Guide to CLAT 2020 by Pearson, Word Power Made Easy by Norman, Legal General Knowledge (CLAT) by R.K Gupta, India Year Book by GOI, 30 Days wonder for Maths by S.Chand, First Track Objective Arithmetic by Arihant Publication, Quantitative Aptitude by Pearson, Universal’s Logical Reasoning for CLAT, LSAT, and other Law Entrance Exams by Jain Prateek, Verbal Reasoning by RS Aggarwal.
Q.Why is a preparation from the right books so important for CLAT Exam?
Preparation from the right sources and right books will increase your chances of success in the CLAT Exam. You should make sure that the CLAT 2020 Books PDF you selected to cover the syllabus topics or not. Reading from the right books will save your time and increase your efficiency to a greater level so it is recommended to check for the books which cover the syllabus in the right way and help your preparation.
Q. Is it important to make notes from the CLAT Books we read?
Yes, making notes either handwritten or in digital format, both serve as an effective tool for revision purpose. You may underline some of the portions of the book pages in some case and that will suffice but in most cases, it will be more helpful if you prepare precise notes for revisions before the exam especially.
Q. How to prepare from the CLAT preparation Books and Study Materials for the 2020 exam?
Hard work, consistency, and completing the complete syllabus will help your clear the highly competitive exams like CLAT. In order to prepare effectively from the CLAT books and study materials, you should follow the steps below-
- Read-only those portions of the CLAT books that are relevant and as per the syllabus topics.
- Make crisp notes wherever required either in the handwritten or using the digital format in order to revise further
- Make underlines with highlighters for further references
- Please make sure to minimize your sources to 1-2 books only for a single topic. It will save much of your time and energy.
Share your thoughts/queries here!