23rd Feb 2018- Banking Awareness Quiz
In which Country Unit Banking system originated?
Ans- (a) USA
Minimum Amount for opening of account in National Savings Certificates (NSC) _________.
Ans- INR. 100/-
22nd Feb 2018- Banking Awareness Quiz
Bank having maximum overseas branches- _____.
Ans- Bank of Baroda
First Joint Bank of India- _____.
Ans- Allahabad Bank
21st Feb 2018- Banking Awareness Quiz
The bill which doesn’t require acceptance is called……..
(1) Treasury bills
(2) Supply bill
(3) Bill of lading
(4) Documentary bill
Ans- (1) Treasury bills
A Nationalized Bank is also called –
(1) Private Sector Bank
(2) Self Help Group
(3) Gramin Bank
(4) Public Sector Bank
Ans- (4) Public Sector Bank
Name the eminent chartered accountant, who has been appointed as the chairman of Bombay Stock Exchange.
(a) S. Ramadorai
(b) Sethuratnam Ravi
(c) Sudhakar Rao
(d) Ravi Narain
Ans- b) Sethuratnam Ravi
20th Feb 2018- Banking Awareness Quiz
Which of the following documents is asked by bank when someone wishes to open a new account?
(1) Certificate of medical fitness
(2) Degree Certificate
(3) Proof of Residence & Identity
(4) None of the above
Ans- (3) Proof of Residence & Identity
Which of the following is the name of a private sector Bank in India?
(1) IDBI Bank
(2) Axis Bank
(3) Corporation Bank
(4) UCO Bank
Ans- (2) Axis Bank
Who amongst the following was never a Governor of the RBI?
(1) Bimal Jalan
(2) Y.V. Reddy
(3) Arup Roy Chodhury
(4) D.D. Subbarao
Ans- (3) Arup Roy Chodhury
19th Feb 2018- Banking Awareness Quiz
1. The tagline of Syndicate Bank is _______________.
2. The acronym IFCI _____________.
a. International Finance Corporation of India
b. Industrial Finance Corporation of India
c. Institute of Financial Consultants of India
d. Industrial Finance Council of India
3. In the year 1969, ____________ banks were nationalized in India.
1. Your Faithful and Friendly Financial Partner
2. Industrial Finance Corporation of India
17th Feb 2018- Banking Awareness Quiz
1. Name the banking and finance scheme whose tag line says “Invest Wisely, Earn Safely”
2. Name the banking and finance scheme whose tag line says “Earn while you secure”
3. The headquarter of Allahabad Bank is located at __________.
1. Swarna Bharat Campaign
2. Gold Monetization Scheme
16th Feb 2018- Banking Awareness Quiz
First bank to provide Mobile ATM- ___________.
Ans- ICICI Bank
Largest commercial bank in India – ___________.
First Indian Governor of RBI- ____________.
Ans- C.D Deshmukh
15th Feb 2018- Banking Awareness Quiz
In banking and financial terms, LEI stands for __________.
Ans- Legal Entity Identifier
In banking and financial terms, UAN stands for __________.
Ans- Universal Account Number
In banking and financial terms,PRAN stands for __________.
Ans- Permanent Account Retirement Number
14th Feb 2018- Banking Awareness Quiz
Which among the following terms is NOT related to banking?
Ans- D) Zero Hour
The head of the SBI is designated as:
Ans- D) Chairman
13th Feb 2018- Banking Awareness Quiz
1. The first bank in India with ISO certification- _________________.
2. _________________ was the founder of Punjab National Bank.
3. _________________ was the first governor of the Reserve Bank.
- Canara bank
- Lala Lajpat Rai
- Osborne Smith
12th Feb 2018- Banking Awareness Quiz
MICR Number in Cheque stands for?
Ans- Magnetic Ink Character Recognition
What is SLR in Banking Terms?
Ans- Statutory Liquidity Ratio
9th Feb 2018- Banking Awareness Quiz
Universal Account Number is represented by _____________ digits.
1. 10 b. 11 c. 20 d. 12
Under which section of Income tax will PAN Card will be issued?
1. 139A 2. 189A 3. 89A 4. None of these
Ans- 1. 139A
What does the last character in PAN Card represent?
1. Type of holder 2. Surname 3. Check digit 4. None of these
Ans- Check digit
8th Feb 2018- Banking Awareness Quiz
1. In banking, IFSC code stands for_________________.
2. ________is the organization that maintains the borrower’s history in India.
3. Which of the following is NOT a direct tax?
(a) Corporation Tax (b) Income Tax
(c) Wealth Tax (d) Service Tax
1. Indian Financial System Code
3. (d) Service Tax
7th Feb 2018- Banking Awareness Quiz
1. First bank to introduce “talking ATMs” for visually & physically challenged people- _______________.
2. First fully computerized bank- _______________.
3. First bank to open its branch in foreign country- ________________.
1. Union Bank of India
2. Bank of India
3. Bank of India in 1946 , London
5th Feb 2018- Banking Awareness Quiz
Answer the following.
1. In which year was Reserve Bank of India nationalized?
ans- 1st January 1949
2. What is the full form of BFS in banking & financial terms?
ans- Bureau for Financial Supervision
3. The Rate at which RBI buys government securities from banks is called ____________.
ans- Repo rate
4. What does KYC stand for?
ans- Know Your Customer
3rd Feb 2018- Banking Awareness Quiz
1. In Banking and Financial terms, what does FSDC stand for?
ans- Financial Stability and Development Council (FSDC)
2. In Banking and Financial terms, what does CPI stand for?
ans- Consumer Price Index (CPI)
3. Which organization publishes an annual report named “Currency and Finance”?
ans- Reserve Bank of India (RBI)
2nd Feb 2018- Abbreviations related to Banking
“CCB” stands for __________________.
A. Credit Confirmation Base
B. Chennai Co-operative Bank
C. Cash Credit Base
D. Central Co-operative Bank
“AML” stands for __________________.
A. Anti Money Laundering
B. Asset Linked with Market
C. Annual Mobility Linked
D. Association of Margin Lendors
31st Jan 2018: Facts related to Banks
Answer the following
1. The headquarters of the world bank is located at ________________.
Ans- Washington DC
2. An account which is opened for a fixed period by depositing a certain amount is a _____________________. ans- fixed deposit account.
Ans- Fixed Deposit Account
3. Which bank was the first one to introduce a credit card?
Ans- State Bank of India (SBI)
20th Jan 2018: Facts related to Banks
1. The headquarters of Bajaj Allianz Life Insurance located in _______________
2. The first private sector bank which rolled out an Aadhaar Enrollment Centre is ________________
Ans- Karur Vysya Bank
3. Samsung has tied up with _______________ & launched its digital wallet app
“Samsung Pay” in India
Ans- State Bank of India (SBI)
19th Jan 2018: Mergers and Acquisitions in Banks
First in 1998, the Narasimham-II Committee recommended for merger of large Indian banks to strengthen them along with other recommendations. Then, in line with the recommendations pf the Committee, there were further strings of mergers in banks of India during late 90s & early 2000s.
P Chidambaram, when he was finance minister under the United Progressive Alliance (UPA) government, pushed the idea of consolidation among public sector banks.
Questions With Answers:
1. Which bank acquires ING Vysya Bank?
Kotak Mahindra Bank
2. Which bank acquires Bank of Rajasthan Ltd.?
3. Which bank acquires Bharat Overseas Bank?
Indian Overseas Bank
18th Jan 2018: Banks with their Tag Lines
Questions With Answers:
1. Allahabad Bank- A tradition of trust
2. Andhra Bank- Where India Banks
3. Bank of Baroda- India’s International Bank
4. Bank of India- Relationships beyond Banking
5. Bank of Maharashtra- One Family One Bank
Stay tuned with us for quizzes like this!
Share your thoughts/queries here!