Complete AFCAT Syllabus 2018 for EKT/Flying/Technical/GD
Latest AFCAT Syllabus 2018 – Check the section wise syllabus for Air Force Common Admission Test or AFCAT 2018 for EKT/Flying/Technical/GD Branch as per the latest exam pattern
AFCAT Syllabus 2018
Indian Air Force has released the notification and exam pattern for the aspirants who want to join Indian Air Force. AFCAT is the abbreviation for Air Force Common Admission Test. AFCAT is conducted for both men and women for grant of Short Service Commission in Flying Branch and Permanent/ Short Service Commission in Ground Duty (Technical) and Ground Duty (Non-technical) Branches. On clearing the AFCAT, shortlisted candidates will be called for SSB (Services Selection Board) testing
AFCAT 1 is held in February and AFCAT 2 is held in August. AFCAT 2018 Application Forms are available on the official website. This article will give you subject wise AFCAT syllabus details. Syllabus is a important part of Preparing for any exam. You will feel more or less lost without knowing the syllabus.
AFCAT Selection Procedure:
There will be three rounds as below:
- Written Test
- SSB Interview
- Psychological Test
- Medical Test
AFCAT Exam Pattern 2018 :
Candidates opting for flying branch and ground duty (non-technical) have to appear for the AFCAT exam, whereas, candidates need to appear in both AFCAT and EKT for ground duty (technical) branch
The following table represents the approximate number of questions asked from each section:
|General Awareness||20||60||2 hours|
|Verbal Ability in English||30||90|
|Reasoning and Military Aptitude Test||35||105|
- The duration of entrance exam will be 2 hours.
- The duration of EKT will be 45 minutes.
AFCAT Exam Syllabus 2018
It is important to know the AFCAT syllabus and prepare according to the detailed syllabus and pattern. This will ensure that all the important topics are prepared well in advance. Gather all the required study materials and make a study plan AFCAT exam. Check the latest AFCAT exam syllabus below:
AFCAT Syllabus for General Awareness
- Current Affairs, Sports, Art, Culture, Environment, History, Geography, Politics, Basic Science, Civics etc.
AFCAT Syllabus for Numerical Ability
- Number Series, Average, Simplification, Ratio, Profit & Loss, Simple Interest, Decimal Fraction, Percentage, coding-decoding, analogy, the odd man out.
AFCAT Syllabus for Reasoning & Military Aptitude
- Verbal Skills and Spatial Ability
AFCAT Syllabus for Verbal Ability in English
- English Comprehension, Error Finding, Vocabulary, Synonyms, Antonyms, Jumbled Sentences, Fill in the blanks, rearrangement of sentences etc.
Recommended books for AFCAT 2018 Preparation:
- AFCAT Self Study Guide cum Practice Work by Kiran Publication
- The AFCAT Guide by Disha Publication
- AFCAT (Air Force Common Admission Test) by Arihant Publication including solved paper (English)
- Breaking The Code of SSB Psychological Tests
Apart from these it is also useful to take practice mock tests and previous years solved papers for AFCAT exam as per the latest exam pattern and syllabus.
AFCAT Sample Questions as per the latest AFCAT Syllabus
Hope this article on AFCAT Syllabus will give you valuable information. Stay tuned for more updates on AFCAT exam.
Share your thoughts/queries here!