AFCAT Syllabus 2020
- AFCAT Syllabus 2020 PDF
- AFCAT General Awareness Syllabus
- AFCAT English Syllabus Verbal Ability
- AFCAT Syllabus: Quantitative Ability
- AFCAT Reasoning and Military Aptitude Test Syllabus
- AFCAT Exam Pattern
- AFCAT Exam Pattern 2020 (Section Wise)
- AFCAT EKT Exam Pattern 2020
- AFCAT EKT Syllabus For Ground Duty Technical
- Best Books for AFCAT Exam 2020
AFCAT Syllabus 2020: Indian Air Force (IAF) will carry out EKT and AFCAT exam on February 22-23, 2020. The Exam is conducted in Computer Based Mode. For the Preparation of the AFCAT Exam, applicants have to know complete details on AFCAT Syllabus and Exam Pattern that is given here.
- AFCAT is an Entrance test conducted for the applicants who are interested to Join in Indian Air Force and start the career as Ground Duty in Technical and Non-Technical Fields, Commissioned Officers.
- Indian Citizens who are having 10+2 with 60% marks in Physics and Mathematics subjects shall apply for AFCAT Exam.
- AFCAT Exam is scheduled for 22 and 23 February 2020 in two shifts.
- In the morning shift, Only the AFCAT exam is conducted. In the afternoon shift, AFCAT+ EKT Exam is conducted.
- AFCAT Exam Analysis gives an overview of the questions asked and paper pattern.
AFCAT Syllabus 2020 PDF
AFCAT Entrance Exam Dates are announced for the recruitment of Ground and Non-Ground Duty staff. Aspirants who have applied the AFCAT Exam in need of AFCAT Syllabus and Exam Pattern for preparation. Candidates can download AFCAT Syllabus and AFCAT Previous Papers for better preparation. Candidates can download AFCAT Syllabus PDF section wise or topic wise from the given links below.
AFCAT 2020 Exam will be conducted in two days. The AFCAT exam is conducted in two shifts. In the First Shift, AFCAT Exam is conducted and in the Second shift AFCAT and EKT exam is conducted. Both the shifts are conducted through Computer Based. Candidates without wasting time should start the preparation by keeping reference books and study materials.
The Numerical Ability Questions will be of Matriculation level and the remaining topics will be of graduation level. After preparation by referring AFCAT Syllabus 2020, candidates can take a practice test online on the official website
AFCAT General Awareness Syllabus
- The candidates are tested in General Knowledge Questions
- AFCAT Question Paper comprises of 35 General awareness questions.
- Candidates should be aware of ongoing current events in International and National Events.
- Generally, this section is easy for candidates who are regularly reading the newspapers.
|International Current Affairs||Culture and Art||Defense|
AFCAT English Syllabus Verbal Ability
- Candidates are tested in the English language through Vocabulary and Comprehension of passages.
- In this section also, approximately 30 questions are asked.
|Basic Grammer||Tenses||Testing of Vocabulary|
|Error Detection||Comprehension||Fill in the blanks by choosing the appropriate word|
AFCAT Syllabus: Quantitative Ability
- This section is Good Scoring for the applicants who are good at Mathematics.
- Candidates are tested through Mathematics ability Questions
|Percentage||Profit and Loss||Simple Interest|
|Ratio and Proportion||Average||Simplification|
AFCAT Reasoning and Military Aptitude Test Syllabus
- Candidates are given questions from the topics figures, Diagrams, Reasoning, Tables and Charts. This section has tricky questions and, tests the candidates thinking ability and imagination power.
|Analogy||Hidden Figures||Rotated Blocks|
|Sets Based on Arrangements||Missing Character||Embedded Figure|
|Data Interpretation||Verbal Skills||Spatial Ability|
AFCAT Exam Pattern
- The AFCAT exam is conducted in the duration of 2 hours.
- The exam will be conducted in the English Language only.
- It is conducted through Computer Based Online Test.
- For AFCAT Exam, 100 questions will be from topics Numerical Ability Test, Military Aptitude Test, Reasoning, General Awareness, Verbal Ability.
- Each Question Carries 3 marks.
- The total marks given to conduct is 300 marks for 100 questions.
|Sections||Computer Science, Mechanical, Electronics, and Electrical||Numerical Ability Test, Military Aptitude Test, Reasoning, General Awareness, Verbal Ability|
|Duration of the Exam||45 minutes||2 hours|
|Total Number of Questions||50||100|
|Exam Mode||Computer-Based Online Test||Computer-Based Online Test|
|Negative Marking||1 mark||1 mark|
AFCAT Exam Pattern 2020 (Section Wise)
We have given the AFCAT Exam Pattern section-wise below. It helps the applicants to know how many questions are asked in each section.
|Reasoning and Military Aptitude Test||96||32|
AFCAT EKT Exam Pattern 2020
- The exam is conducted for the aspirants to test the knowledge in the engineering field.
- This test comprises of questions from the topics Mechanical, Computer Science and Electrical &
- The candidates will be given a duration of 45 minutes to complete the AFCAT EKT Exam.
- As per the AFCAT Exam Dates, the EKT Exam and AFCAT Aptitude exam is conducted on the same day.
- This exam is conducted for only 50 marks and 50 questions.
- The test will be conducted in an objective type in the English language.
Science and Electrical &
AFCAT Examination Marking Scheme
- For every correct answer, 3 marks are given.
- For Every Incorrect answer, 1 mark is deducted.
- For Unattempted Questions, no marks are added or deducted
AFCAT EKT Syllabus For Ground Duty Technical
Candidates who opt for an option for the EKT exam have to know the AFCAT Syllabus & Exam Pattern. The Exam will be conducted for 50 marks and the question asked from the topics Allied engineering topics, Specialization Branch Topics, and Fundamental Engineering.
|Streams||Allied Engineering||Specialization Branch Topics||Fundamental Engineering|
|Computer Science||Instrumentation Radar Theory Antenna & Wave Propagation Microwave Engineering Telecommunication Systems Control Engineering Electrical Engineering||Information Technology Switching Theory Network Theory Design Computer Network Electronic Devices Analog and Digital Electronics||Engineering Drawing Engineering Physics Engineering Mathematics|
|Electrical & Electronic Engineering||Radar Theory Information Technology Switching Theory Network Theory Design Computer Network Instrumentation||Antenna and Wave Propagation Microwave Engineering Telecommunications Systems Control Engineering Electronic Device Electrical Engineering Analog and Digital Electronics||Engineering Drawing Engineering Physics Engineering Mathematics|
|Mechanical Engineering||Aerodynamics Aircraft Structure Flight Mechanics Industrial Engineering Power Plant Engineering Automotive Engineering||Machine Drawing Material Science Manufacturing Science Fluid Mechanics Theory of Machines Thermodynamics Engineering Mechanics||Engineering Drawing Engineering Physics Engineering Mathematics|
Best Books for AFCAT Exam 2020
The best books mentioned here for AFCAT Exam help the candidates for understanding the concepts in an easy manner. The preparation for the AFCAT exam is very time-consuming.
If the students get any doubts during preparation, these books help to clarify the doubts on concepts that are mentioned in the AFCAT Syllabus 2020. We have given the popular book name and publisher name below in the tabular form.
|Arihant Publications||General Knowledge|
|SSB Crack||Lets Crack AFCAT|
|RS AGARWAL||Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations|
|Arihant Publication||AFCAT Solved Paper|
|Ramesh Publishing House||AFCAT Exam Guide 1st edition for Flying and Technical Branch|
|RS Agarwal||A modern approach to Verbal Reasoning|
Share your thoughts/queries here!