Complete AFCAT Syllabus for EKT/Flying/Technical/GD
Latest AFCAT Syllabus – Check the section wise syllabus for Air Force Common Admission Test or AFCAT 2018 for EKT/Flying/Technical/GD Branch as per the latest exam pattern
Latest AFCAT Syllabus
Indian Air Force has released the notification and exam pattern for the aspirants who want to join Indian Air Force. AFCAT is termed as an Air Force Common Admission Test . AFCAT is an entrance test conducted two times an year to shortlist the applicants for IAF Commissioned Officer in Flying and Permanent Commission or Short Service Commission in Ground Duty (Technical & Non-Technical) posts.
AFCAT 1 will be held in February and AFCAT 2 will be held in August. AFCAT 2018 Application Forms are available on the official website. This article will give you subject wise AFCAT syllabus details .
An overview of AFCAT Exam:
- AFCAT is conducted for both men and women is conducted for grant of Short Service Commission in Flying Branch and Permanent/ Short Service Commission in Ground Duty (Technical) and Ground Duty (Non-technical) Branches
- AFCAT is only one of the steps involved in the entire selection process for getting selected as an officer in the IAF
- On clearing the AFCAT, shortlisted candidates will be called for SSB (Services Selection Board) testing
Important Dates for AFCAT 2018:
|Release of AFCAT 1 2018 notification||23rd December 2017|
|Start of online application||16th December, 2017|
|Last date for application||23rd January, 2018|
|Admit card released||First week of February|
|AFCAT 1 exam date||25th February 2018|
|Date of Publishing AFCAT 2 2018 notification||June 2018|
|Online Application Starting Date||June 2018|
|Last date for application||Last week of June 2018|
|Admit card released||Mid of July 2018|
|AFCAT 2 exam date||August 2018|
AFCAT Selection Procedure:
There will be three rounds as below:
- Written Test
- SSB Interview
- Psychological Test
- Medical Test
AFCAT Exam Pattern 2018 :
Candidates opting for flying branch and ground duty (non-technical) have to appear in AFCAT only, whereas, candidates need to appear in both AFCAT and EKT for ground duty (technical) branch
The following table represents the approximate number of questions asked from each section:
|General Awareness||20||60||2 hours|
|Verbal Ability in English||30||90|
|Reasoning and Military Aptitude Test||35||105|
- The duration of entrance exam will be 2 hours.
- The duration of EKT will be 45 minutes.
AFCAT Exam Syllabus 2018
It is important to know the AFCAT syllabus and prepare according to the detailed syllabus and pattern. This will ensure that all the important topics are prepared well in advance. Gather all the required study materials and make a study plan AFCAT exam. Check the latest AFCAT exam syllabus below:
AFCAT Syllabus for General Awareness
- Current Affairs, Sports, Art, Culture, Environment, History, Geography, Politics, Basic Science, Civics etc.
AFCAT Syllabus for Numerical Ability
- Number Series, Average, Simplification, Ratio, Profit & Loss, Simple Interest, Decimal Fraction, Percentage etc.
AFCAT Syllabus for Reasoning & Military Aptitude
- Verbal Skills and Spatial Ability
AFCAT Syllabus for Verbal Ability in English
- English Comprehension, Error Finding, Vocabulary, Synonyms, Antonyms, Jumbled Sentences, Fill in the blanks, rearrangement of sentences etc.
Recommended books for AFCAT 2018 Preparation:
- AFCAT Self Study Guide cum Practice Work by Kiran Publication
- The AFCAT Guide by Disha Publication
- AFCAT (Air Force Common Admission Test) by Arihant Publication including solved paper (English)
Apart from these it is also useful to take practice mock tests and previous years solved papers for AFCAT exam as per the latest exam pattern and syllabus.
Some New Features introduced in AFCAT 2018:
- Aadhar Card: Aadhar card has been made mandatory for AFCAT application
- NCC Special Entry (Flying) & Meteorology Branch: AFCAT examination will also be used to recruit NCC Special Entry into flying branch and Meteorology branch under the Ground Duty section.
- Online Mode: From this year onwards, the written test will be computer-based test (CBT)
- Application Fee: AFCAT 2018 will not be free of cost, rather an application fee of 250shall be taken as application fee.
- Scanned Signature & Thumb Impression: Unlike the previous years, candidates must upload their scanned signature and thumb impression this time.
- Age Limit: The age will be calculated as on 1st Jan rather than 1st July 2018.
AFCAT Sample Questions as per the latest AFCAT Syllabus
Hope this article on AFCAT Syllabus will give you valuable information. Stay tuned for more updates on AFCAT exam.
Share your thoughts/queries here!