AFCAT Exam Pattern 2019
The AFCAT Exam Pattern 2019 will be a great deal of help for the students who are going to write the paper on August 24 & 25. Understanding the exam pattern makes it extremely clear for the students to understand the question paper in a better way. Students who are highly focussed and targetting to crack the exam in one go must check the exam pattern thoroughly that is given below.
Candidates can download their AFCAT Admit Card and must remember to carry it to the exam hall on the exam day.
AFCAT Exam Pattern 2019 Highlights
|Exam||AFCAT||EKT (only for technical)|
|Exam Mode||Online (computer-based)||Online (computer-based)|
|Exam Time Duration||2 hours (120 minutes)||45 minutes|
|Total Sections||General Awareness, Verbal Ability in English, Numerical Ability and Reasoning and Military Aptitude Test||Mechanical, Computer Science and Electrical & Electronics|
|Negative Marking||1 mark for every incorrect answer||1 mark for every incorrect answer|
AFCAT Selection Process 2019
The candidates’ selection for the vacancies that have been announced by the officials will be shortlisted on the basis of the AFCAT 2019 Selection Process which is fixed by the authorities, itself. There are a total number of 3 stages of selection which are given as follows:
Stage 1: AFCAT Online Test/ EKT Computer-Based Online Exam (For Technical Post Aspirants)
Stage 2: AFSB (Air Force Selection Board) Testing
Stage 3: Medical Inspection
The students who will be successful in cracking the AFCAT/EKT according to the cut off will be shortlisted and called for a personal AFSB Interview Round. The students that will crack the AFSB Interview will be, further, going on for the stage of Medical Inspection
AFCAT Exam Pattern 2019
As the students have already understood the criteria of Selection in AFCAT Recruitment 2019, they must go on and check out the table given below to understand the exam pattern of AFCAT:
- There will be a total of 100 questions in the paper combining all 4 sections, check AFCAT Syllabus
- The total time that will be given to complete all 100 questions will be 2 hours (120 minutes)
- The exam would be for a total of 300 marks
|Sections||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
|Verbal Ability in English||30||90|
|Reasoning and Military Aptitude Test||35||105|
AFCAT 2019 Marking Scheme
The AFCAT Marking Scheme is mentioned below and all the candidates must read:
- For every correct answer, 3 marks would be rewarded
- There will be a deduction of 1 mark for every wrong answer attempted by the student
- In case the student leaves any empty space for an answer, no mark deduction would be there
Engineering Knowledge Test (EKT) Exam Pattern 2019
The students who are interested in being a part of Ground duties (Technical) posts are compulsory to give this test of EKT. More details regarding the same are written as follows:
- For every right answer, 3 marks will be awarded
- There will be a reduction of 1 mark for each wrong answer attempted by the candidate
- In case the candidate leaves any empty space for an answer, no mark would be deducted or cut
|Subjects||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
|Electrical & Electronics|
AFSB (Air Force Selection Board) Testing 2019
The officials of AFCAT will send the call letters to those candidates who will crack AFCAT/EKT as they shall have to appear in the second stage of selection of AFCAT which is Air Force Selection Board (AFSB) Testing. This stage, further, has 2 stages. The first stage is the Stage 1 AFSB Interview for which the students have to appear at any AFSB Centres situated at Gandhinagar, Mysuru, Varanasi & Dehradun.
AFSB Testing Stage 1
It is to be informed to the students that the AFSB Stage 1 is held only for the screening purposes and the students who do not crack this stage will be disqualified and will not get a call for the AFSC Testing stage 2. AFSB Testing Stage 1 comprises of the following two tests:
- Officer Intelligence Rating Test
- Picture Perception and Discussion Test
AFSB Testing Stage 2
The AFSB Stage 2 Testing would require a minimum of 4-5 days out of which the last day will be completely kept for the conduction of Computerised Pilot Selection System (CPSS) test. Moreover, the tests will be elaboratively explained by the officers at the Selection Board to all the students present there. The students can, further, start to give the tests once they fully understand the idea of how to take it.
The students who will clear the AFSB Testing Stage 2 will be appearing for AFSB Stage 2 and will have to appear for the tests which are mentioned below:
- Psychological Tests: These written psychological tests will be taken by experts in psychologists.
- Group Tests: The group tests comprise of physical as well as mental activities which will be a help in assessing the students on different parameters of physique and mental capabilities.
- Interview Round: In the interview round, the student will be facing a professional officer who will interrogate the candidate on various topics.
- Computerized Pilot Selection System (CPSS) Test: The candidates who have applied for the Flying Branch would be compulsorily sitting to give the CPSS.
The student who clears the Online Tests, as well as all the stages of AFSB, will get a call to come forth for the last stage of AFCAT which is Medical Inspection/Examination. There are a total of 2 centers which are prescribed by the Indian Airforce itself which are Institute of Aviation Medicine, Bengaluru and Air Force Central Medical Establishment (AFCME). After this, a proper final merit list will be formed out by the authorities in which they will select the best candidates who will further join any of the training establishments.
Share your thoughts/queries here!